What would 31 December be without a little self indulgent introspection?
Great things that have caught my eye and/or changed my life in 2011
- Isle of Wight – our Easter holiday there is one of my favourite family holidays ever, due in no small part to the glorious weather. The unpredictability of British sunshine really makes it special.
- Pod camping – 3 days with my boys and friends and something new for all of us
- Polo – Pimms, sunshine and strong thighs. It’s got to be an annual outing
- SlimPod – it’s helping change the way I think about eating, and develop (hopefully lasting) healthier habits.
- Dubonnet – building a new relationship with an old favourite.
- Pinterest has changed my life without a doubt. Such a fantastic site with tonnes of interesting and useful links, and a favourite indulgence for time wasting
- Twitter – not a new find, but one I’ve used much better this year and have found some lovely funny people through
- Mrs M’s Meal Planning Monday – I am so much more organised as a result of this. It’s also motivated me to try new recipes and, along with Pinterest, has rejuvenated my pleasure in day to day domestic cooking
- Moves Like Jagger– I love this song. Possibly my favourite all year
- Early starts – it’s taken me a while to get into the habit but now I (mostly) love my early morning starts. I am a lark.