Normally at this time of year I’d already have a list of suitable summer holiday activities for kids. This summer, after nine months of working in schools, I have a different attitude. These six weeks are also MY summer holidays, and I am not going to waste them (all) pandering to the whims of my boys.
So far, my summer bucket list consists of:
1) Watching all the Harry Potter movies again. Even though it’s been a few years since last film was released, summer still means HP to me.
2) Watch Series 1 & 2 of House of Cards. It’s superb.
3) Paint my hall. Not exciting, I know, but I started it before Christmas and it will give me a great deal of satisfaction to finish the damn thing.
4) Get at least one day to myself at a place where someone will pander to my whims for a change.
5) Go through all my Pinterest folders and explore the things I pinned with good intentions but never got around to looking at.
6) Get together a list of new recipes to cook for dinners, including some more slow-cooker ones.
7) Find a new author and/or series of books to get into. I’ve just finished the most recent in the Song of Fire and Ice (Game of Thrones) series and am looking for something new.
8) See these films:
* Transformers: Age of Extinction
* Guardians of the Galaxy
* The Expendables 3 (though I may wait for the DVD for this one)
* The Inbetweeners 2 (ditto)
9) Get a massage
10) Have a cream tea or three (jam first, then cream!) preferably with just a book for company
That’s it for now, but I am sure I will add to it as the weeks progress.
Let me know what your Summer Bucket List would include.